Salary and benefits
Annual Salary 2023-2024
- PGY1: $76,680.00
- PGY2: $80,968.00
- PGY3: $84,438.00
- PGY4: $88,717.00
- Choose from six health insurance plans depending on your healthcare needs. Some options are provided at no additional cost to the resident.
- Malpractice insurance is covered for residency and moonlighting.
- Prescription drug coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement planning- 403(b)Tax Sheltered Annuity (TSA) through various vendors. The institution will automatically contribute an amount equal to 2% of your salary on a yearly basis (not deducted from your pay).
For more information regarding benefits, please visit the BIDMC Graduate Medical Education Website.
Residents receive educational stipends that vary from $800 to $1500 per academic year depending on their level of training and clinical duties.