Salary and benefits
Annual Salary 2017-2018
- PGY1: $61,537
- PGY2: $65,744
- PGY3: $68,696
- PGY4: $72,288
- Choose from six health insurance plans depending on your healthcare needs. Some options are provided at no additional cost to the resident.
- Malpractice insurance is covered for residency and moonlighting.
- Prescription drug coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retire planning- 403(b)Tax Sheltered Annuity (TSA) through various vendors
For more information regarding benefits, please visit the BIDMC Graduate Medical Education Website.
Residents receive educational stipends that vary from $350 to $1250 per academic year depending on their level of training and clinical duties.
Teaching and Advocacy
Our residents train at Harvard Medical School-affiliated teaching hospitals. Throughout their training, they have opportunities to teach Harvard Medical School students and each other.
In addition, our residents are invited to participate on committees that shape and improve our training program (i.e., House Officer Association, Curriculum Committee, Psychiatry Residency Selection Committee, Training Committee) and our hospitals (i.e. Graduate Medical Education Committees at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Under-Represented Minority Committee at Harvard Medical School). Thus, they aid in molding our educational communities and work environments to reflect the evolving demands of our field and the changing needs of our patients.